Chocolate-Caramel-Pecan Pie Bars
It’s hard to make pecan pie even more decadent, but the addition of chocolate and caramel makes these bars an indulgent delight.
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Garnish: hot caramel topping*, slightly warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1½ cups flour, ⅓ cup sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until butter is in pea-size pieces and mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until edges have lightly browned and center is dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ⅔ cup sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk in corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate onto prepared crust. Pour sugar mixture over pecans and chocolate.
- Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Garnish with warm caramel topping, if desired.
*We used Smucker’s Hot Caramel Topping.