Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cups
Greet this treasured season of blooms with an alfresco gathering where a profusion of florals sets the tone for a glorious celebration.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons hot hibiscus tea
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (3-ounce) boxes chocolate dessert cups*
- Garnish: fresh raspberries, confectioners’ sugar, edible flowers
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 1 tablespoon cold water; let mixture soften for 3 to 5 minutes. Add hot tea to gelatin mixture, whisking until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cocoa.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar mixture, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add gelatin mixture and vanilla extract, and beat to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mousse into chocolate cups. Garnish with raspberries, confectioners’ sugar, and edible flowers, if desired.
*We used ChocoMaker Dark Belgian Chocolate Dessert Cups, which are available at chocomaker.com.